The jewelry has a metal base of brass, but its surface is treated with a double plating of 24K gold. Despite its 24K plating, it is not fine jewelry so it will be more sensitive and vulnerable to fading or color change over time. The more it is exposed to air, your skin, sweat, clothes and perfume etc, the more likely the gold is to fade.
We would like to ensure that your jewelry maintains its purchasing quality for as long as possible after you take it home. In order to do so, it will need your help in taking special care.
Here are a few tips for jewelry maintenance to prolong the life of your piece:
- When not wearing the jewelry, keep stored somewhere safe or in its purchasing box
- Avoid direct contact with water (especially sea or chlorinated water) and any chemical products such as perfume, soap, detergents, oil and creams
- Do not wear the jewelry when you are exercising, swimming, in a Jacuzzi, sauna or steam room. Also remove before showering
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces
- Do not yank or pull the chains, treat it always with gentile kind movements
- Always check that the clasp is secure after putting it on, to ensure that it does not drop to the floor
- Wipe the jewelry gently with a clean and soft dry cloth.
- The pieces may be re-plated when you desire, please do not hesitate to contact us for advice or guidance before doing so